Saturday, January 1, 2011

CELEBRATE YOU!

It's a new year, and time to adopt a new attitude! I'm not talking about another resolution that's quickly shattered within a weeks time. I'm proposing a small committment that will reap large benefits: Celebrate You! As women~ mothers, daughters, wives, students, and best friend~, we often celebrate those around us, making sure they are well taken care of. And at the end of the day, the best thing we can do is wearily crawl into bed, praying for at least 5 hours of sleep! What I'm proposing is this: even if it's only 5-10 minutes a day (roughly 1/2-1 hour a week), do something for yourself that makes you feel good. Something that encourages your inner Pretty Princess to shine. That may mean locking yourself in the bathroom to read a magazine, chapter in a novel, or devotional. The dishes and laundry can wait for 10 minutes. Learn to do small personal things for yourself that compliment who you are. Of course, I'd love to fly off to a tropical island and have spa treatments all day, but I live in the real world.

Princess, don't wait for someone else to celebrate you...that may never happen. One extremely simple way I celebrate myself is by polishing my finger and toenails. Somehow, a different color makes me feel awesome!

I'd like to know how you Celebrate You, so please add it in your comments, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay to contact your through your email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Cailyn
    cailynxxx gmail.com

    ReplyDelete